Go to the “File” menu at the top then select “Add Account”. To setup a new account follow the same procedure outlined below.
1. Mail will ask for some details. Type in your full name, your email address and your password.
2. Mail will automatically choose POP as the account type. This is correct.
3. Set the Incoming mail server to mail.mydomain.com. Your username and password should automatically carry over from the page previous. If any of these details do not, simply retype them in the appropriate fields.
4. Click “Continue”. Mail will then attempt to verify your settings by logging in. If you are not connected to the Internet, you’ll get an error, which you should ignore at this point.
5. Ensure that “Password” is selected in the “Authentication” dropdown box and click “Continue”
6. Set the outgoing mail server to mail.mydomain.com. Ensure “Use only this server” is ticked and “Use authentication” is unticked. Click “Continue” to proceed.
7. You will be presented with a final summary of the details you have entered to confirm they are correct. The screen below shows an example of correct details. If you’re happy with your details, click “Create” to commit them.