This tutorial will help you set up the Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail client to work with your e-mail account.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Mozilla Thunderbird
1. In Mozilla Thunderbird, select Tools > Account Settings.
2. Select “Email account ” and click Next.
3. Enter your name and e-mail address.
5. Enter your e-mail address for the “Incoming User Name,” and “Outgoing User Name.” Click Next.
6. Enter a name for your e-mail account and click Next.
7. Verify your account information and click Finish.
8. In the Account Settings window, select “Outgoing Server” listed below your new account.
9. Enter “smtp.mydomain.com” for the “Server Name” and change the “Port” setting to 80.
10. Select “Use name and password” and enter your e-mail address. Thunderbird will ask you for your password the first time you try to send mail. Click OK.