This tutorial will show you how to clear your brower’s cache. Your webbrowser has a way of storing website information so the website will load more quickly each time you visit, but sometimes the browser may display a website incorrectly due to a website update so you will need to clear the cache. Each browser may have a different way of clearing the cache, so below is a list of each browser and its way of clearing the cache.
Internet Explorer 7
- Open IE7 and click the tools menu on top. Click delete browsing history button at the top.
- Under Temporary Internet Files, click delete files.
- Click Yes when the pop-up displays asking you if you are sure.
Internet Explorer 8
- Press CTRL+Shift+Delete when the browser is open, or click the tools menu at the top and click on delete browsing history.
- Select Temporary Internet Files, and click the delete at the bottom of the window to delete the files(cache).
Internet Explorer 9
- Press CTRL+Shift+Delete when the browser is open, or click the gear at the top right to open the settings menu. Select Safety and delete browsing history.
- Select temporary internet files, uncheck all of the other boxes, and then click the delete button at the bottom.
Internet Explorer 10
- Click on the Cog icon in the top right of the browser
- Select Safety > Delete Browsing History
- The Delete Browsing History dialog will open
- Check the boxes “Temporary Internet Files and Website Files” and “Cookies and Website Data”
- Click the delete button
- Click the menu button
- Select Options > Advanced
- Select the Network tab
- Look for the “Clear Now” button in the Cached Web Content section, click it
- After you close the page the changed will be saved
- Press CTRL+Shift+Delete when the browser is open, or select the wrench icon at the upper right corner, then tools, and clear browsing data.
- Select the empty the cache check-box, uncheck everything else.
- Select the beginning of time in the drop down menu, then click the clear browsing data.
- If you have a Mac, click the Safari menu and then select empty Cache. If you have Safari on Windows, click the edit menu on top then click empty cache.